If you are thinking about starting a career in change management or you are already into it but want to upgrade your knowledge and enhance your professional skills
Then, getting a right kind of certification in change management is your best bet.
The good news is that there are many certificaitions available online and offline; some are cheap whereas some are expensive. Every certification has its own advantage and down side. You can choose it depending on you own needs which suit to your career path.
But first we need to understand why change management certicifation is important.
Benefits of Change Management Certifications
Here are some benefits of change management certification:
Validation of knowledge and skills
Certification is like a license which validates your knowledge and skills acquired through working in the field of change management. No matter you have years of experience, it is hard to prove your expertise without certification. That’s why most of professionals always acquire certification of change management to claim themselves as experts.
It increases employability. Most of organizations require certification in change management as qualification for job. Being certified also reflects seriousness and commitment of a professional. Therefore, having a proper certification in change management opens doors of new opportunities in this field.
Access to resources
Every certification of change management provides free access to resources such as latest research, books, tools, templates, guides and many others. These resources are useful for practioners because these are usually developed by practioners and academics who have rich experience of the field.
Being enrolled in a certification program will give you networking opportunity. You can connect with teachers, instructors, practitioners and experts which will be helpful for your career prospects. Through networking you can know what is happening in the industry.
Let’s check out some of the best change management certifications available.
1. Certified Change Management Professionals (CCMP)
The ACMP’s Certification Change Management (CCMP) is among one of the best change management certifications. This certification is for professionals who have rich knowledge and experience of the field. The CCMP was developed in line with international standards (ISO). Based on Practice Analysis Study this certification provides you with wide knowledge about practices in change management.
- A 4-year degree (or international equivalent) and 3 years of change management experience, or
- Secondary education (high school or international equivalent) and 5 years of change management experience
Approximately 3 years with renewal of exams every 3 years
$595 for members and $745 for non-members
For futher details: https://www.acmpglobal.org/page/ccmp#
2. Change Management Institute Certification
The Change Management Institue Certification has been designed to plan and implement change management strategies. It provides a different set of skills to the candidates of an organization according to their designation and position. This certification will prepare the students for challenging change management tasks.
- It provides the ability to perform accurate assessments in comparison to the real world
- It is designed for those candidates who aim to be leaders in larger organizations
- It is the best for future change leaders and coaches
$525 for foundation level
$675 for specialist level
$1050 for master level
For futher details: https://www.change-management-institute.com/
3. Change Management Specialist Certification by MSI
The Management and Strategy Institue is a well-known organization that develops highly improved professionals by adopting its course. It provides the candidates with complete knowledge of about working of the change process, the way through which you can achieve it, and how to apply it practically in business es and organizations.
- There is no specific eligibility requirement for this certification
- The training process for this course is of very low cost
- It provides the candidates with free training tools and also with the benefit of their limitless use
- Participants who successfully complete this certification program will receive 30 Professional Competency Units (PCUs) from MSI.
Self-Paced with one-year completing deadline
For further details: https://www.msicertified.com/business/change-management-certification/
4. Prosci Change Management Certificate
Prosci’s Change Management Certification Program gives you the knowledge, skills and tools you need to manage successful change initiatives.
- It is online 3 days online certification and approximately 8 hours each day during the dedicated class time
- Participants need to complete 1 hour of self study on Day 1 and Day 2
- Graduates earn the distinction of being a Prosci Certified Change Practitioner.
Three days program
For further details: https://www.prosci.com/
5. ITIL Mastering Change Management Certification
This course created by ITIL educates the candidates about how to use technology during the change process. It is an information technology course for the implementation of changes in the technological environment.
- It is IT-specific and benefits the people with previous IT experience and knowledge
- ITIL and Six Sigma are combined to provide the student with best practical training
- In this certification, training in both SIPOC and Extended SIPOC is provided
Approximately 3 days
S363 for foundation level
$415 for intermediate level
$488 for practitioner level
For further details: https://www.axelos.com/certifications/itil-service-management
6. Managing Change in an Agile World Certification Program
This course is a little more specialized in comparison to other courses. The Agile methodology provided the students with a significant advantage in the field of implementing practical knowledge. Agile procedures involved in this course require less input for better and more efficient results.
Some key benefits of taking this certification course are:
- It provides the students with various new techniques and approaches towards change management
- It gives a complete knowledge of 10 laws of Agile Change Management
- It makes the candidates learn all the tools, techniques, tips, and tricks for the change management
Depending on the requirement of the organization
For further details: https://www.changeguidesllc.com/training/managing-change-certification.html
7. Change Management Foundation Certificate by APMG
APMG International provides the Change Management Foundation Certification. Despite having a lot of knowledge and experience in this field, you must get the certification from Change Management Foundation. It is best for beginners who want to gain knowledge in this field of change management. This program will guide you with all the basics that you will need to implement your career practices.
- It gives you an idea about how people react to change and how can you motivate them to adopt the change
- This program assists you in providing a lot of techniques that you will need to implement change
- It makes you develop the idea and methods that cause the individuals to engage and stick to the change process.
- It also provides understanding about the responsibilities and ways that are important to bring out the change in an organization.
For further details: https://apmg-international.com/product/change-management#zone-1